Safety Kid Elementary Program: 1st–5th grade
The Safety Kid Elementary Program for 1st-5th grade consists of three adult workshops and a classroom presentation for the children. Presentations are scheduled in the order in which they are listed. It takes a community to create a safe environment for a child, thus the adults that make up the community of the child are educated first.
- All school administration and executive staff receive a workshop that provides guidance for developing a safe school environment for students and staff.
- The school staff, including the teaching and custodial staff, will be presented with a concise, yet, comprehensive workshop that informs staff of different aspects of child abuse. Staff also learn their role in prevention.
- The third workshop provides practical, hands-on information for parents . The aim is to educate, raise awareness and empower parents to become active partners in their child’s safety and welfare.
- For Elementary school children, Safety Kid speaks through beautifully designed teaching cards
and a DVD demonstrating the ABC’s of safety with real-life scenarios.
- Take Home Kit for Elementary School Program
Trust Tree: This is a wonderful opportunity for you and your child to talk about who they can talk to if anything makes them uncomfortable or has happened to them that involves inappropriate touch. You choose a trusted person that your child can go to— even if something feels “uncomfortable” to tell. Write those names on the trust tree, or stick pictures into the provided boxes. Keep it at home and hang it up.
The Certificate of Completion: This is a colorful tool for reviewing the main safety messages your children learned today. Encourage your child to hang it up in their room so that the safety messages have a constant presence in your child’s life.
The Safety Kid Bookmark: This colorful tool is a great way for your child to review the main safety messages learned on our program. With their new bookmark, your child can review the Safety Rules on a regular basis.
Magnet: Use this magnet to review the five rules and keep it in an easily visible place so that you can review the rules together at an opportune time.
Would you like to bring Safety Kid to your school or community? Contact Us